A new record in Ukraine, a vaccine against coronavirus may be useless, borders for oligarchs did not close, the second wave in the EU.
Correspondent.net collected the most relevant and important information on the spread of coronavirus infection for June 26, 2020.
News of Ukraine
– Over the past day in Ukraine revealed 1109 cases of infection with the coronavirus COVID-19. For the first time in a pandemic, the milestone of a thousand new patients has been exceeded.
The total number of confirmed cases of coronavirus infection increased to 41,117. 19 people died from coronavirus infection per day. The total number of deaths increased to 1,086.
– Mortality in Ukraine from coronavirus is 2.6 percent, said Minister of Health Maxim Stepanov. According to him, in Germany this figure is four percent, in the United States – five.
“We analyze all fatal cases. If we talk about the regions where the most people died from coronavirus disease, these are Chernivtsi (178 fatal cases), Lviv (126) regions and Kiev (102),” the minister said.
– Which regions of Ukraine can be quarantined and which cannot?
– The Ministry of Health has updated the list of countries with a significant epidemic of coronavirus – more than 50 countries are on the list. The countries of the red zone are the USA, Belgium, Russia, Portugal, France, Israel, Canada, Egypt, Moldova, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Over the past three days, this list has been replenished with such states: Antigua and Barbuda, Egypt, Spain, Sweden, Great Britain, Iraq, Bangladesh.
– The State Service for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, after strengthening supervision of compliance with quarantine measures, daily checks about four thousand objects. Violations are found at every fourth facility.
– During quarantine, some Ukrainian oligarchs and politicians continued to fly abroad, according to the investigation of the Scheme program. It is reported that they received permission to fly from several government agencies – in particular, from the State Aviation Administration and the SBU.
Among those for whom airports worked, journalists recorded Viktor Medvedchuk and Vadim Novinsky, Valery Khoroshkovsky, Alexander Yaroslavsky, Igor Kolomoisky and Gennady Bogolyubov.
– In Ukraine, by the end of 2020, up to four thousand people will die from the coronavirus COVID-19. This forecast was voiced by researchers at the Kiev School of Economics.
Modeling of specialists shows that the total number of cases of COVID-19 in Ukraine today is about 150 thousand, of which about 70 thousand are active.
News of science and medicine
“The Boston University National Laboratory of Infectious Diseases has found a way to kill coronavirus in 25 seconds.” Experts conducted a study in which it became known that far-ultraviolet radiation can completely destroy the pathogen.
Scientists noted that a 13-watt UV lamp can clean a room with an area of 15 square meters from coronavirus infection. Experts emphasize that all studied viruses die when exposed to far-ultraviolet radiation, but it is also dangerous for humans.
– The head of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adan Gebreyesus, expressed doubt that scientists will be able to develop an effective vaccine against coronavirus.
“There is no guarantee that scientists will be able to develop an effective vaccine against COVID-19 … It would be very difficult to say with certainty that we will have a vaccine,” the head of WHO emphasized.
– At the same time, WHO announced the need for more than $ 30 billion investment in the development of vaccines, diagnostics and therapies for the fight against coronavirus in the framework of the initiated international partnership ACT-Accelerator.
– Zhong Nanshan, a member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and one of the leading epidemiologists in China, said that the coronavirus will not disappear anywhere until the spring of 2021. At the same time, he added that the second wave of diseases, in his opinion, would not reach the scope of the first.
– Europe can expect a second wave of coronavirus. The WHO said that a surge in disease has already been noted. An increase in the number of infected has been recorded in 30 countries.
The WHO European Bureau separately notes 11 of these countries. In them, as the director of the regional division clarifies, “a significant surge, which, in the absence of control, will once again put the health care system in Europe on the brink of an abyss.”
– Researchers at the University of Barcelona discovered the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in urban run-offs dated March 2019.
– The Montenegrin government has resumed previously lifted severe quarantine restrictions due to an outbreak of coronavirus. Sports and training, as well as public gatherings in the open air, are again banned.
Divine services outside churches are also prohibited. Only family members are allowed to attend cemeteries during funerals. In addition, curfews have been introduced in two municipalities in the north of the country from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– The epidemic is receding in Russia, said Russian President Vladimir Putin. From the beginning of the epidemic, 620.7 thousand people were infected with coronavirus in Russia, 8781 of them died. Russia ranks third among the countries of the world in the number of cases after the United States (2.4 million) and Brazil (1.2 million).
Economic and Business News
– The head of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde, says that the eurozone countries have passed the peak of the coronacrisis. According to the ECB’s baseline scenario, the bloc’s economy could shrink by 8.7 percent in 2020 after more than two months of quarantine.
“At the end of the fiscal year, Nike’s revenue fell four percent to $ 37.4 billion, net profit was 2.5 billion, and online sales grew 47 percent. The company’s management has not yet made forecasts for the new fiscal year.
– Russian Urals oil is trading in Northwest Europe with a premium of $ 2.35 to Brent, Argus pricing agency said. This is a record figure for the agency’s monitoring history since September 1994.
Dead and infected: map
News from Correspondent.net on Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet